Category Archives: Breaking News

Paula Deen’s move sparks divorce rumors: Paula Deen Divorce

Paula Deen’s move sparks divorce rumors: Paula Deen Divorce, Paula Deen might be cooking for one soon.

It’s rumored that Deen, 68, and her husband of 11 years may be headed to divorce, after the celebrity chef signed him over the deed to their $1.3million Savannah, Georgia home.

Sources tell the New York Post that the move could be evidence of a private divorce settlement between her and her husband, tugboat captain Michael Groover.

.

However, in the state transfer, Deen’s representatives claimed the ‘deed of gift’ was ‘for and in consideration of her natural love and affection for her husband.’

The three-bedroom, three bathroom, 5,646-square-foot mansion on Wilmington Island is where Deen shot her television show before it was cancelled, after she caught making a racist slur.

Deen and her husband have been living in the home since 2004, the year they were married.

She also owns another home in Savannah named ‘Riverbend’ – a eight-bedroom, eight and a half bathroom, 28,000-square-foot estate worth more than $4million.

A spokesman for Deen strongly denied the claims of divorce, telling the tabloid: ‘These rumors are completely false – they have a wonderful marriage. This deed of gift was just a part of Paula’s estate-planning process. Her new cookbook, “Paula Deen Cuts the Fat,” comes out on September 8 and is dedicated to her husband, Michael.’

And the couple were reportedly seen slow dancing all night at the opening of Deen’s new restaurant in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee recently, according to other sources who spoke with the Post.

This isn’t the first time that there have been reports of trouble in paradise for Deen.

In 2013, rumors circulated that Deen was planning to leave Groover after finding out he had an affair with a ‘sexy, middle-aged brunette’.

Groover strongly denied the rumors and the two stayed together.

Deen’s two adult children, Bobby and Jamie, are from a previous marriage.

Paula Deen Divorce

Paula Deen Divorce

2nd doctor killed another lion?: Jan Casimir Seski

2nd doctor killed another lion?: Jan Casimir Seski, Zimbabwe has accused a Pennsylvania doctor of illegally killing a lion in April, as it seeks to extradite a Minnesota dentist who killed a well-known lion named Cecil in July.

Jan Casimir Seski of Murrysville, Pennsylvania, shot the lion with a bow and arrow near Hwange National Park, without approval and on land where it was not allowed, said Zimbabwe’s National Parks and Wildlife Management Authority.

Landowner Headman Sibanda was arrested and is assisting police, it said.

Seski, a gynecological oncologist who directs the Center for Bloodless Medicine and Surgery at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, is a big-game hunter according to safari outfitters and bow-hunting sites. Kill shots on the sites identify “Dr. Jan Seski” as the man standing next to slain animals including elephants, a hippo, an ostrich and antelopes such as an impala, a kudu, and a nyala.
Seski did not respond to messages left by The Associated Press at his home and with an answering service for his medical practice. The AP also called and knocked on the door at Seski’s house, which is set back among some woods outside Pittsburgh.

Zimbabwe’s wildlife authority has suspended the hunting of lions, leopards and elephants in the Hwange area, and said Saturday that bow and arrow hunts can be approved only by the head of the wildlife authority.

Two other illegal lion hunts also were recorded last year in Zimbabwe, said Geoffrey Matipano, conservation director for the wildlife authority. He did not provide details on those cases.

Zimbabwe National Parks spokeswoman Caroline Washaya Moyo said Seski provided his name and other identifying information for a government database when he came for the hunt.

2nd doctor killed another lion?: Jan Casimir Seski

2nd doctor killed another lion?: Jan Casimir Seski

Protest over ‘breast as weapon’ conviction: Hong Kong Bra Protest

Protest over ‘breast as weapon’ conviction: Hong Kong Bra Protest, Forget umbrellas: The newest symbol of protest in Hong Kong is the bra.

That’s what dozens of angry citizens wore Sunday in a demonstration against what they say is an absurd and sexist ruling: The sentencing of a female protester to three and a half months in prison for “assaulting a police officer” with her breast.

Ng Lai-ying’s chest bumped the right arm of policeman Chan Ka-Po during a crowded protest against mainland Chinese border traders in March.

Amateur footage from the chaotic incident cited by local news reports shows the 30-year-old woman falling to the ground during an interaction with police officers. It’s unclear what happens next, but when she reemerges her face is bleeding.

Protest over 'breast as weapon' conviction: Hong Kong Bra Protest

FBI subpoenaed Jared’s texts?: Jared Fogle Subpoenaed

FBI subpoenaed Jared’s texts?: Jared Fogle Subpoenaed, The FBI has subpoenaed an affidavit that is said to contain text messages from former Subway spokesman Jared Fogle in which Fogle admits he paid for sex with a 16-year-old girl.

The messages were sent to a former Subway franchisee who no longer works with Subway and has asked to remain anonymous.

The woman, through her attorney, said she shared the texts from Fogle about the girl with Subway management, but that the company did nothing with the material she presented them.

According to a story from the New York Post, the woman was in a relationship with Fogle. In the texts, he repeatedly asks her to advertise herself on Craigslist for sex with other men, the story said. He asks her if he can watch the sexual acts and tells her she can make about $500 per act.

A Business Insider story reported that the woman became uncomfortable with Fogle’s requests and with a request she introduce him to her cousin who was underage at the time. That’s when she contacted Subway, the woman’s lawyer said.

Subway said it has no record of receiving the texts.

According to the woman’s lawyer, the FBI subpoenaed his law office looking for the text message conversations.

About the most recent news story on Jared Fogle, this allegation, if true, is appalling and is contrary to the values of our brand. As previously stated, we have suspended our relationship with Jared.

Posted by Subway on Saturday, August 1, 2015
Subway suspended its relationship with Fogle on July 7 after federal and state authorities raided his Indiana home. Fogle became the company spokesman about 15 years ago after he lost 200 pounds eating a diet of Subway sandwiches.

Bin Laden family members die in crash: Bin Laden Family Plane Crash

Bin Laden family members die in crash: Bin Laden Family Plane Crash, An airport that was closed after a private jet crashed killing three members of Osama Bin Laden’s family has reopened.

The plane came down near Blackbushe Airport in Hampshire on Friday, killing the pilot and all three passengers.

The airport reopened at 08:00 BST after it was shut over the weekend to allow for investigations.

The Saudi Arabian embassy in London said it was working with the British authorities to repatriate the bodies.

In a statement, the Saudi ambassador to the UK, Prince Mohammed bin Nawaf Al Saud, offered condolences to the Bin Laden family.

The plane – an Embraer Phenom 300 – is reported to have belonged to an aviation firm owned by the Saudi-based family of the former al-Qaeda leader.

The plane, which was arriving from Milan, Italy, crashed into a British Car Auctions site at the airfield, exploding on impact.

The auction firm is contacting customers after about 30 vehicles were caught up in the blast.

Hampshire police said it believed three of the dead to be the mother, sister and brother-in-law of the owner of the aircraft, all of whom are from the Bin Laden family.

A force spokesperson said the Saudi Arabian nationals were visiting the UK on holiday.

Police are carrying out a joint investigation with the Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB).

The airport, in Yateley, said the jet had crashed near the end of the runway while attempting to make a landing.

Arnold celebrates with Maria: Arnold Schwarzenegger Birthday

Arnold celebrates with Maria: Arnold Schwarzenegger Birthday, Arnold Schwarzenegger threw a star-studded 68th birthday party on Friday.

The Terminator actor celebrated hitting the milestone by gathering his friends and family together for the bash and even had a punching competition with his The Expendables co-star Sylvester Stallone who claimed the former bodybuilder is “getting stronger” as he ages.

He tweeted: “At Arnold’s birthday party getting punched out. The man’s not getting older, he’s getting stronger!”

At Arnold’s birthday party getting punched out. The man’s not getting older, he’s getting stronger!

— Sylvester Stallone (@TheSlyStallone) July 31, 2015

pic.twitter.com/YzKDePR526

— Sylvester Stallone (@TheSlyStallone) July 31, 2015

Sylvester, 69, also shared a photo of himself with Sir Elton John at the function, gushing the musician is one of his “oldest friends”.

He wrote: “Elton is one of my oldest friends! heart as big as a continent! A legend. (sic)”

Elton is one of my oldest friends! heart as big as a continent! A legend. pic.twitter.com/BAXxVlY2ZV

— Sylvester Stallone (@TheSlyStallone) July 31, 2015

Meanwhile, Arnold – who has kids Katherine, 25, Christina, 24, Patrick, 21 and Christopher, 17, with his ex-wife Maria Shriver, as well as 17-year-old Joseph Baena with his former employee Mildred Patricia Baena – had also marked the occasion on Thursday by having a family lunch in Beverly Hills with his two daughters and Maria, who filed for divorce from him in 2011.

In a video message posted on Twitter, he thanked his friends, family and fans for all of their kind wishes.

He said: “I wanna say thank you to everybody for the birthday wishes. Thank you for the emails, and calling me and writing to me and all those kind of things.

“I’m having a the greatest time. My 68th birthday, wow. I’m in the gym working out, I went already on a motorcycle ride, on a bicycle ride, and now I’m going to have a little bit of lunch with my family. So hasta la vista and have a great time.”

Thank you for making my birthday great. I’m grateful every day for you, but today I’m reminded I have the best fans. pic.twitter.com/OomGOh2Eps

— Arnold (@Schwarzenegger) July 30, 2015

Arnold Schwarzenegger Birthday

Game Of Thrones Ending After Season 8

Game Of Thrones Ending After Season 8, HBO”Game of Thrones” is currently shooting its sixth season.

HBO’s “Game of Thrones” will likely end after Season eight.

The pay channel’s programming president, Michael Lombardo, addressed the show’s imminent ending at Thursday’s Television Critics Association press tour in Beverly Hills, California.

Getty ImagesHBO programming president fielded questions at the summer 2015 Television Critics Association event.

“[Showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss] are feeling there’s probably two more years after Season 6, that’s what we’re looking at right now,” Lombardo told reporters. “We hope that they would change their mind, but that’s how they are feeling now.”

“GOT” fans may dislike any talk of the show’s ending, but there is a silver lining in the form of a possible prequel or other spin-off.

“We would be open to anything [Benioff and Weiss] want to do, there is enormous amount of storytelling in that world,” Lombardo said. “[But currently,] the focus is on figuring out the next few years of the show.”

“Game of Thrones” is set to return to HBO for its sixth season in spring 2016.

Toddler killed in ‘price tag’ arson attack: Price Tag Attack

Toddler killed in ‘price tag’ arson attack: Price Tag Attack, Palestinian’s home was burned during a “price tag” attack Friday that killed a toddler and critically injured four other relatives, Israeli authorities said.

A Palestinian’s home was burned during a “price tag” attack Friday that killed a toddler and critically injured at least three other relatives, Israeli and Palestinian officials said.

The injured were the toddler’s parents and a brother, said Ghassan Douglass, a Palestinian official in charge of settlement activity north of the West Bank, where the attack occurred.

The baby, Ali Saad Dawabsha, was about 18 months old, Douglass said.

Authorities found the words “price tag” on the walls of the house in Duma, said Luba Samri, a spokeswoman for the Israeli police.

A “price tag” attack is a term used by radical Israeli settlers to denote reprisal against Palestinians in response to moves by the Israeli government to evacuate illegal West Bank outposts, according to officials.

Both Israelis and Palestinians described it as a terrorist attack, but the latter said it blamed Israel.

“We hold the Israeli government fully responsible for the brutal assassination of the toddler Ali Saad Dawabsha,” PLO official Saeb Erekat said in a statement. “This is a direct consequence of decades of impunity given by the Israeli government to settler terrorism.”

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said he was “shocked over this reprehensible and horrific” attack.

“Israel takes a strong line against terrorism regardless of who the perpetrators are. I have ordered the security forces to use all means at their disposal to apprehend the murderers and bring them to justice,” he said.

Ahmad Asaf , a spokesman for Palestinian political party Fatah, also blamed the attack on the Israeli government. He urged the United Nations to take steps toward justice.

A preliminary investigation shows suspects entered the village at night, set homes ablaze and sprayed graffiti on them.

“This attack against civilians is nothing short of a barbaric act of terrorism. A comprehensive investigation is underway in order to find the terrorists and bring them to justice,” said Lt. Col. Peter Lerner of the Israeli Defense Forces.

31.946570 35.302723