Robin Thicke Lawsuit Blurred Lines

Robin Thicke Lawsuit Blurred Lines, Robin Thicke has confessed that his career unraveled for a bit after his divorce with Paula Patton, particularly on the deposition of the lawsuit surrounding copyright claims for “Blurred Lines.”
The singer sat down with The New York Times and talked about his divorce from the “Mission Impossible” actress as well as the lawsuit on “Blurred Lines” filed by the Marvin Gaye estate.

“When ‘Blurred Lines’ first exploded, I had this chip on my shoulder: ‘Hey, wait a second! I’ve been doing this for 15 years, guys!’ And then, you know, I started to force it a little bit,” Robin Thicke said.

“The ego is a very dangerous place. I was supposed to be living the dream, and yet I was in a nightmare because of a crumbling marriage. I had finally reached the pinnacle of success – on paper, I had it all. But I wasn’t happy.”

“That’s when he started to turn to drugs and alcohol as a way for him to cope. “And then you start saying things in interviews, desperate for a little extra attention. And then it becomes a sympathy tour,” he said.

Amid his divorce with Paula Patton, Robin Thicke and Pharell Williams were ordered by the jury to pay $7.4 million to the Marvin Gaye estate for supposedly ripping “Got to Give it Up” for their collaboration, “Blurred Lines.”

“When I did the deposition, it was two weeks after my separation from my wife,” Robin Thicke said of Paula Patton. “I was going through personal hell at the time. And I was careless in the deposition. I can’t go into the details of what was said in the deposition beyond that, because of the ongoing litigation.”

Hilaria Baldwin: Hilaria Shows Off Post-Baby Bod

Hilaria Baldwin: Hilaria Shows Off Post-Baby Bod, That’s it: We’re buying a yoga mat! Now all we need to do is master the craft, marry Alec Baldwin, have a baby or two, and then post incredible post-baby body selfies – and we will have achieved our goal of becoming Hilaria Baldwin!

The stunning mom-of-two, 31, gave us a whole new set of #Goals when she posted another lingerie selfie just two weeks after welcoming son Rafael!

“Rafael was two weeks yesterday and I didn’t post my weekly #ShrinkingBaldwinBabyBump,” she captioned the shot, posted yesterday. “Carmen has come in while I’m showering and getting ready for the day to terrorize my cosmetic products My lipsticks are shaking in fear! #SeeThatFace?!”
LOL

This isn’t the first time Hilaria has shown off her post-baby transformation! She previously revealed her intentions of sharing her slim-down as a way to promote body acceptance.

“I have been planning on doing post-belly photos but didn’t know if I was gonna have the guts to actually follow through,” she captioned an earlier shot. “I hope you understand my intention here: I believe it is important to accept and love our form after going through a bit of a battle bringing life into this world.”

We think you look amazing, mama! Work it!

Alex Rodriguez: Charities Win As A-Rod, Yanks Settle

Alex Rodriguez: Charities Win As A-Rod, Yanks Settle, Major League Baseball and the MLB Players Association released a joint statement on Friday to announce a resolution in the dispute between the Yankees and Alex Rodriguez over a $6 million milestone bonus in his contract. It reads, in part:

As part of this resolution, Mr. Rodriguez and the Yankees have agreed that a total of $3.5 million in charitable contributions will be made by the Club, with $1 million going to the following charities that have long enjoyed the support of one or both: the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, the Boys & Girls Club of Tampa, and Pitch In For Baseball; and $2.5 million going to the MLB Urban Youth Foundation, which will use the money to further programs and initiatives aimed at increasing youth participation in baseball, particularly in urban areas. Commissioner Robert D. Manfred, Jr. will determine the initiatives to be supported by the $2.5 million contribution after consulting with Mr. Rodriguez, and taking into consideration the focus of Mr. Rodriguez’s past charitable contributions.

Neither party will have any further comment on the specific terms of the agreement and both look forward to focusing their energies on winning another championship for Yankees fans.

So there’s that. And from here, settling the dispute with a massive charitable donation looks like it works out pretty well for all involved. Neither the Yankees nor Alex Rodriguez needs $3.5 million as much as those charities do, and the league gets both a huge donation and a lot of attention for its efforts with the Urban Youth Foundation. So A-Rod and the Yanks get to move on with their weird, oft-strained partnership.

The most important thing for them, right now, is that the Yankees are right in the thick of a wide-open AL East race and Rodriguez has been their best hitter this season.

There’s still a lot of time for his age and his history of lower body injuries to catch up with him, but A-Rod is producing far beyond the diminished returns he produced while battling those injuries from 2011-2013. Again, it’s half a season, but it now looks like A-Rod’s apparent decline had more to do with his health than his ability, enough so that it’s reasonable to guess the year-long suspension in 2014 may have even helped him by providing him time to rest and recover.

Rodriguez’s .887 OPS leads a Yankees team that’s third in the American League in the same stat. He has kept pretty quiet too, avoiding even the silliest of controversies that sometimes plague him and declining to discuss his dispute with the team over the money promised him when he signed the contract that keeps him bound to the Yankees.

He’s essentially a mustache away from a perfect redemption. As for that: He said in May that he’d grow one, but noted that it could take a very long time. It’s nearly two months later now, and it still doesn’t look like there’s anything there. Maybe if you squint.

Richard Matt: Escapee Wanted To Visit Daughter?

Richard Matt: Escapee Wanted To Visit Daughter?, Slain prison escapee Richard Matt will be buried in an unmarked grave upstate – because none of his relatives has claimed his body, officials said Wednesday.

The convicted murderer was no longer officially a ward of the state when he was fatally shot by a fed on Friday, so his corpse is now the responsibility of Franklin County, where he made his last stand, said Brian Langdon, one of the county’s coroners.

A Buffalo TV station reported that Matt’s son, Nicholas Harris, was planning to claim the body, but he missed a mid-Tuesday deadline, according to a spokeswoman for the hospital where it was sent after an autopsy in Albany.

Matt’s daughter said she didn’t want responsibility for her disgraced dad’s funeral, Alice Hyde Medical Center spokeswoman Megan Avery added.

Another Franklin County coroner, Bert Wilcox, said the county doesn’t have a potter’s field, so officials will have to buy Matt a plot at a local cemetery.

“They’ll probably go to the least-expensive one they can find,” he said. “The county won’t pay for a marker.”

Matt broke out of the Clinton Correctional Facility on June 6 along with convicted cop-killer David Sweat, who was shot and captured near the Canadian border on Sunday.

SF Tourist Shooting: Suspect In Slaying Had Been Deported

SF Tourist Shooting: Suspect In Slaying Had Been Deported, Kate Steinle was walking on a busy pier in San Francisco with her father when there was a single popping sound in the air.

She fell to the ground, struck by a bullet, the victim of what police say appears to be a random killing.

The man accused of firing the deadly shot — 45-year-old Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez — is an undocumented immigrant, a repeat felon who has been deported five times to Mexico, according to immigration officials.

It would have been six, a federal law enforcement source told CNN, except authorities in San Francisco wanted him on a drug-related warrant.

So U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, which had Lopez-Sanchez in its custody in March after his release from federal prison, turned him over to San Francisco deputies. ICE said they requested an immigration detainer, asking that the agency be notified before Lopez-Sanchez was released.

But San Francisco is a city that doesn’t honor such requests and the sheriff’s department released him. Freya Horne, chief legal counsel to the San Francisco County Sheriff, told CNN that he was let go because there was no legal cause to detain the suspect.

On Wednesday evening, he shot the 31-year-old Steinle at Pier 14 once in her upper body, according to police. He was found about a mile away an hour later and arrested. CNN could not determine on Friday if he has an attorney.

Man Killed By Alligator In Texas

Man Killed By Alligator In Texas, A man who apparently mocked alligators, then jumped in the water — despite warning signs — is dead after being attacked in Texas.

Orange County Police were called to Burkart’s Marina near the Louisiana state line early Friday morning after reports that Tommie Woodward, 28, and an unidentified woman were swimming in a bayou and had been attacked by a large alligator.

Woodward’s body was found several hours later. The woman was not injured.

An alligator lurks in the bayou off Burkart’s Marina
Orange County Justice of the Peace Rodney Price told CNN affiliate KFDM that Woodward ignored verbal warnings and a posted “No Swimming Alligators” sign and seemed to mock the deadly creatures before going in the water.

“He removed his shirt, removed his billfold … someone shouted a warning and he said ‘blank the alligators’ and jumped in to the water and almost immediately yelled for help,” Price said.

The “No Swimming Alligators” sign was posted this week after a 10-foot alligator was spotted in the bayou waters.

“Please do not go swimming, there’s a bigger alligator out here. Just please stay out of the water,” witness and marina employee Michelle Wright said she told Woodward.

She said the next thing she heard was the woman screaming, “An alligator’s got him.” Wright said she used a flashlight in the darkness to scan the water.

In an emotional interview with KFDM, Wright said, “I saw his body floating face down. And then he’s out there for a couple of seconds and then he’s dragged back down. And then he comes back up still face down and then he gets pulled down again. And then he just disappears.”

Wright, who said she knew the victim and his family, said it was a moment she would never forget. She described the events that started out as a late night swim as “heartbreaking.”

Woodward had recently moved to the area from St. Louis with his twin brother and was working at a nearby shipyard.

Alligators are predatory and territorial. According to Texas Parks and Wildlife, the creature “will eat anything it can catch,” and should be treated with caution.

“If the sun is down, stay out the water. That’s when they’re eating. That’s when they’re hunting,” alligator expert Arlie Hammonds told the affiliate.

Although there have been numerous fatal alligator attacks in Florida, the Orange County attack may be the first of its kind in Texas.

Red Lane Dies: Nashville Hall Of Famer Dies

Red Lane Dies: Nashville Hall Of Famer Dies, Songwriter Red Lane, whose works have been recorded by Merle Haggard, Tammy Wynette, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings and Roger Miller, among many others, died Wednesday after a lengthy battle with cancer. He was 76.

A 1993 inductee into the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame, Lane was born Hollis Rudolph DeLaughter in Bogalusa, Louisiana. After high school and a stint in the Air Force as an aircraft engine mechanic, he began playing in nightclubs and performing in talent shows.

In 1971, Lane scored the first of four chart singles as a recording artist for RCA. “The World Needs a Melody” was his only Top 40 country hit. Also in the Seventies, he began parachute jumping out of airplanes, telling the Tennessean in 1975 that it was “the nearest mettle tester [he’d] ever experienced.” In addition to that hobby leading to a song recorded by Roger Miller — “(The Day I Jumped) From Uncle Harvey’s Plane” — his love of aircraft led Lane to earn his pilot’s license. For more than 30 years, the songwriter lived in a DC-8 passenger jet, which he had converted into a home just outside Nashville.

Some of Lane’s best-known songs included “‘Til I Get It Right,” a Number One hit in 1973 for Tammy Wynette, “My Own Kind of Hat,” recorded by Merle Haggard and later covered by Alan Jackson, “The Eagle,” recorded by Waylon Jennings, “Miss Emily’s Picture,” a Number Two hit for John Conlee in 1981, and “Tell Me Something Bad About Tulsa,” recorded by Merle Haggard and later by George Strait.

Red Lane Dies: Nashville Hall Of Famer Dies

London Schoolgirls ISIS: Schoolgirls Married ISIS Fighters?

London Schoolgirls ISIS: Schoolgirls Married ISIS Fighters?, Two of the three East London schoolgirls who quit the UK to join ISIS in Syria have been married off to the terror group’s militants.

Their distraught families say they have lost all hope that the teenagers will return home.

Police launched an international manhunt for Bethnal Green students Shamima Begum, 15, Kadiza Sultana, 16, and Amira Abase, 15, after they fled Britain in February.

Only yesterday, shocking new footage appeared to show to of them walking through the streets of Islamic State’s stronghold of Raqqa, wielding AK47 rifles.

The families have confirmed that two of girls have since contacted them to reveal their marriages to what the teenagers called ‘approved’ ISIS fighters.

The solicitor representing them said they were grieving over the news they had been dreading.

Tasnime Akunjee told the Guardian: ‘It has caused a lot of distress… It entrenches their lives in Syria, rather than in Britain. It erodes significantly hopes that they will come back.’

The schoolgirls told their families that they have been separated and are living apart in and around Raqqa, Syria, which ISIS has adopted as its brutal capital.

The two schoolgirls – who the families do not want to identify – married men in their 20s in a ceremony approved by ISIS authorities after choosing their husbands from a ‘catalogue of suitors’.

Bethnal Green schoolgirls reportedly identified in Syria
The schoolgirls are thought to have followed another 15-year-old girl who travelled to Syria in December after becoming radicalised.

The news emerged after a video was released which alleged to show the three girls walking around Raqqa and carrying automatic rifles.

The footage, which was filmed by activists in the northern Syrian city, purportedly shows at least two of the teenagers dressed in niqabs and shopping for groceries.

But Mr Akunjee says it is unlikely they were the girls, telling the Guardian: ‘At the time the video was shot, two of the girls are known to be married and separated from their friends from east London.

‘The families think the video is unlikely to be them. All three are living apart and those who are married are under the aegis of their husbands and are unlikely to be under the aegis of some woman leader.’

London Schoolgirls ISIS: Schoolgirls Married ISIS Fighters?

London Schoolgirls ISIS: Schoolgirls Married ISIS Fighters?